Sunday, June 10, 2007

An open mind is a beautiful thing

I came back from Youth Conference on Saturday, and in a word i was astonished at how much I love my ward. It was incredible how strong the youth bonded. I know that sounds so lame, but I never talk like this EVER. I have gotten over Bryno's problems. I kind of blew up at him at Myton, but it turned out okay by Saturday. I love GENO SHABUNDI! He is my favorite. Turley and Brew are two of the coolest kids I have ever met in my life. Jesse said something to Babs, Lola and Louis, "Youth Conference didn't SUCK at all." Coming from Jesse, that is truly incredible. It was better once the Beehives and Deacons left, I am getting to know those two groups better now though. It will take a while for me to get used to B.R. though. She is just one tough cookie. I felt bad for her though on Saturday. It was so much fun though. Bare road with me, Lola and Louis on the last two days and we wrote the best song. We also drew gangsters and cheerleaders. I was so happy that Brental came because she is doing so much better! The temples were so incredible, and I can't put into words how much I love my leaders. I did get Wardled though. Oh well. Ha! Today at church it was different but Turley, Brew, Bare, and Swen were not terrible in Sunday School. Plus Sister Shabundi taught. It was incredible. I love that woman.

Last night I watched Freedom Writers with Babs, Lola, Louis, Geiko, and Pops. It was a really good movie! It really opened up my world. The beginning was really rough though because the kids were cursing every other word and the music was harsh. There is a character Eva that really got into reading The Diary of Ann(e)? Frank. There is a set of clips where she is asking the teacher questions and one is, "Hey are she and Peter going to hook up?" It was so cute. I loved it. I highly recommed the movie, but as a fare warning the first 10-15 mins is full of cursing. Lola was apologizing, but Louis, Babs and I didn't care. I really enjoyed it though and now I want to borrow the book from Bean. Anywho, I love you all! Have a fantastic day!

No comments: